WORKSHOPS & LECTURES
DURING THE LAST YEARS; DUO HELLQVIST/AMARAL HAS DEVELOPED AN EXTENSIVE PEDAGOGICAL ACTIVITY INCLUDING LECTURES AND WORKSHOPS IN MAJOR UNIVERSITIES AND MUSIC ACADEMIES IN EUROPE, ASIA, SOUTH- AND NORTH AMERICA. AMONG THE TOPICS ARE OVERVIEWS ON EXTENDED TECHNIQUES, PERFORMER-COMPOSER COLLABORATIONS, COMPOSER PORTRAITS AND WORK- SPECIFIC INTRODUCTIONS AS WELL AS PROFESSIONALIZING LECTURES ABOUT FREELANCING IN THE CONTEMPORARY MUSIC FIELD.
- Radcliffe Institute at Harvard University (USA) : Residency and talk about the music of Radcliffe Fellow Anthony Tan (with HAHB)
- Radcliffe Institute at Harvard University (USA) : Residency and talk about the music of Radcliffe Fellow Mauricio Pauly
- Seoul National University (KO): Lecture about the music of Iannis Xenakis and SukJu for compositions students from the Department of Traditional Korean Music
- Javeriana University, Bogota (COL): Lecture about graphic notation and the interpretation of graphic scores (with Yumi Murakami
- Universidad Nacional Tres de Febrero, Buenos Aires (ARG): Concert and reading session/workshops with new works by composition students. Watch documentation video here.
- Gacheon University, Seoul (KO): Concert and masterclass for composition students
- University of São Paulo (USP): Concert and lecture about notation and extended techniques in the music of Iannis Xenakis, Eivind Buene, Helmut Lachenmann, Daniel Puig and Malin Bång
- University of Campinas (UNICAMP): Concert and lecture about the music of Iannis Xenakis with special focus on composition, notation and extended instrumental techniques
- University of Rio de Janeiro (UNIRIO): Concert and lecture about notation and extended techniques in the music of Xenakis, Eivind Buene, Lachenmann, Daniel Puig and Malin Bång /Reading session with pieces by composition students
- Javeriana University: Concert and lecture about notation and extended techniques in the music of Iannis Xenakis, Carolina Noguera Palau, Helmut Lachenmann and Malin Bång